Sidney Arthur Wood was born 1st June 1893, at Ashover, the son of James William Wood and Honor Thompson; he died 28th May 1917, and is buried in Philosophe British Cemetery, Mazingarbe, Pas de Calais, France.|
He was a private in the 2nd Battalion, Sherwood Foresters (Notts and Derby Regiment).
Sidney was unmarried, but had thirteen siblings:
- Benjamin Wood, b. 15th February 1884, d. 7th February 1958, m. Jenny Renshaw.
- James Wood, b. September 1885, d. 9th November 1974, m. Jane Bradley, nee Ainsworth, 26th November 1906, South Normanton.
- Elsie Honor Wood, b. 20th April 1887, d. 10th June 1939, m. Charles Wheeldon, 14th September 1909, Ashover.
- Alice Wood, b. 9th May 1889, d. 4th May 1985.
- Isaac Wood, b. 9th May 1889, d. 27th October 1965, m. Sarah Ann Hopkinson.
- Nellie Wood, b. Abt. 1890, d. ?, m. Conrad Turner.
- Amy Ann Wood, b. 2nd April 1891, d. 27th August 1981, m. Fred Taylor, 25th December 1913, Ashover.
- Thomas Walter Wood, b. 13th December 1895, d. ?.
- Annie Wood, b. 13th December 1897, d. 7th April 1926, m. Jack Redfern.
- Matilda May Wood, b. 30th June 1899, d. ?, m. Francis Madin.
- William Reginald Wood, b. 3rd April 1901, d. 1st March 1991, m. Elicia Ellen.
- John Horace Wood, b. 24th August 1902, d. ?, m. Amy Mellor, 25th October 1924, Ashover.
- Lucy Wood, b. 5th March 1905, d. 22nd October 1997, m. Walter Nightingale.